Saturday, August 25, 2007

Food Allergies


Well, I think it must have taken me 6 hours of typing to do My Story so far, and I feel like I've got at least another 3 hours in me. I wanted to take a break though, and type out some healing scriptures. I learn best when I can see it, and talk about it, and think about it, and so I love to rewrite things, type them, and take notes!
Here it is!

1 Corinthians 10:23
All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. For the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.

Yes, I do think it is a healing scripture, and that it has to do with depression, because... (drum roll) there is an argument here for eating whatever you want, without bondage. I think some of my depression was diet induced, because I was hypoglycemic, and wasn't eating any real nutrients. Fries here, a coke there. I didn't worry about my diet, because I wasn't overweight, but I really wasn't giving my body the building blocks it needed for health, and in a time of crisis my body failed me.
Could diet alone heal a person of depression? I think it would help immensely were the depression merely physical. However, mine was also emotional, and spiritual in nature, and diet wasn't the answer. At the time I was healed, I didn't change my diet at all, and the depression didn't come back. It wasn't until a few years later that I had my "sugar revelation".

1 Timothy 4:4
For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

Another diet scripture. Don't live in constant fear of food, or in reverence of it either. God came up with the idea for food, and He said it's all good if you're thankful for it! Yes, still depression related, because of the food allergies and migraines.
The migraines and depression sort of precipitated each other, because the pain would make me feel so depressed! And the low level of serotonin would enable the headaches. Youch.

Mark 7:14-23 (This one's a good one!)
And He called the people to Him again and said to them, "Hear me, all of you, and understand: There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him." And when He had entered the house and left the people, his disciples asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?" (Thus He declared all foods clean.) And He said, "What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person."

More food allergy stuff. Jesus is saying food is not to blame. If there is something in your life that is really giving you the works, don't look at your dinner plate, look at your heart. Yes, this is a hard one to learn, but I am learning it myself and it is very liberating.

More tomorrow I hope.

No comments: