Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Green Smoothies


So we know that diet is not a catch-all cure for depression. But sometimes diet can help! Green things are good for your brain, and raw green things especially.

One of my favorite green things is a green smoothie. Now if you've only been drinking milkshakes, it will take a little getting used to, but you'll find that after awhile, you will start to crave green things (and raw things), just like you used to crave chocolate!

Here's how to make one:


One large handful organic baby spinach, stuffed at the bottom of your blender,

One frozen banana,

One pear, or some blue berries (I really like the frozen blueberries),

One cup of water,

One cup of juice.

Blend thoroughly to liquify, and drink immediately.


These are very good for "detoxing", or for drinking mid-afternoon to keep your blood-sugar level (the blueberries are very good for that too). I have one almost every breakfast.


So feed your brain green things, and feed your spirit with the word of God.

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love green smoothies!!! Everything seems better when I drink one of these. I can feel the sun's energy going into my cells from head to toe.

You mention migraines. Oh, I can empathize! That is one of the reasons I started living the Raw vegan lifestyle...to get rid of my headaches and it worked. Eat clean, alkalize your body and headaches seem to disappear (they like acid conditions!)

Have a LOVELY day!
Cheers!
Kristen's Raw