Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More on "The Battle"

1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Notice, there is a prize. With God there is a reason to get out of bed, a reason not to quit, a reason not to give up.

Is my body my enemy? Why else would I be "beating it" and "making it my slave"? Well, if you are depressed, you are experiencing it first hand! If you don't take control of that body, it will do things that you have NEVER invited it to do. It will stay in bed, and you will get poor. It will stay on the sofa, and you will gain weight. It will quit exercising, and you will develope tumors. No! Not this body! Body, you will not do what you want to do. You will not get depressed. You are my slave, to do me good.

I remember wondering again and again why other people were just happy, and I had to WORK at being happy. Now I don't care why. I will simply do what is neccessary for me to live the happy life.

Will you enter the fray? You are not alone: you have a God who is willing to equip you.

I am believing for you. We will win.

No comments: