Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Heart on Healing


I would like to have a discussion on healing this morning!

I was reading 2 Corinthians 6:11 where it says: "We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide open." I have done that here, I share my story and my struggles with you, and also my faith, and my efforts. In verse 13 it says: "widen your hearts also." So what I'm thinking is- share some of your story too. If not here, then at least with God. Tell Him what you're going through- He can understand.

So that's why I say discussion- I'm going to at least share my end of the conversation with you.

One thing I've been toying with a lot lately on healing is how it is so spiritual, and so physical. I know that spiritual laws work all the time, just like physical laws. So, for example: you may be a baby who has never walked, and you don't know about the law of gravity. But if you let go of the edge of the sofa, you will still fall down! So also, there are spiritual laws which govern the existence of mankind, which we simply don't know about! They aren't as touchable to our senses as the physical laws are.

Think of some physical laws that you are familiar with like... light: light dispells darkness, and there's nothing you can do about that. Alternately, darkness cannot affect light- it's a physical law. Always the same, never changing. So- what if there are spiritual laws in the bible that God has explained to us, but we just don't know about them. Kind of like in the books of Moses, where God explains carefully to the Israelites that if they will serve Him wholeheartedly, He will bless them, and multiply them. He also explains that if their hearts turn away from Him and follow after other gods, they will be under a curse. And He details it for them over and over. BUT, sure enough, there is some idol worshiping, some complaining, and some testing of God, and several plagues/disasters that follow. Shouldn't they have seen that coming? Are we doing things in our health that are our own doing, our own fault, but we just can't see it?

This makes me think of Dr. Don Colbert's ministry (I really enjoy his books, by the way) and how he explains to us the way that God made our bodies to function, and what He designed them to eat. But now I ask: what if we are following all the physical laws well, but we are being selfish, bitter, prideful, and worried? What you are doing spiritually, mentally, and emotionally there would be far more powerful than the fact that you started taking supplements. (Don Colbert does touch on those things- the need to live a peace filled, forgiving life.)

But now I wonder- if I learn His word, His heart, and I activate the spiritual laws of healing on my behalf, such as...





--then do those spiritual laws override the physical laws for me? I believe they do. If I am really hidden in His secret place, then shouldn't I be able to go into the public washroom without fear of germs? If no plague can come near my dwelling, then shouldn't I be able to babysit without my children getting a cold? Shouldn't I be able to be in the world, but not of it?

I am happy to follow God's will for my life physically, but I want to know His ways so well, that all I experience is the blessing, not the curse!

How about you?

No comments: