Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Weapon of a Woman's Smile


This was really an awesome article. I know that even once I was no longer depressed, I still had to work at developing a smiley face. I still work at it! Even after my healing, the natural resting place of my face was not a smile, even though I considered myself an optimistic person.

But I have learned! When I wake up feeling nasty, hopeless, despairing, or in pain, I do my repenting even before I get out of bed. I thank God for His presence, I thank Him for my life, I thank Him for a good day, I thank Him that He is with me. I do my repenting in the shower too: I pray in the Spirit, and sometimes sing and worship. Sometimes I make confessions like: I am going to have a good day today! This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! I tell myself the things I need to hear until I believe them. My believing them makes it so.

The next time you wake up feeling like you wish you hadn't, force a smile on your face (even a fake one) and tell God about all the things you are glad about. Give it ten minutes or so, and the rest of your body will start falling in line too. So go ahead, have a great Monday morning, and put on your very best smile!

No comments: