Thursday, April 17, 2008
Always a Reason to Rejoice
A verse that is very dear to my heart:
"But then I will win her back once again. I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there. I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there, as she did long ago when she was young, when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt. When that day comes," says the Lord, "you will call Me 'my husband' instead of 'my master'. O Israel, I will wipe the many names of Baal from your lips, and you will never mention them again."
He has restored my life, and freed me from captivity and slavery to depression. He has become my Best Friend. There is no one else for me. Lord, surely you have given me a delightful inheritance, I am in awe of what You have done.
"I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion. I will be faithful to you and make you Mine, and you will finally know Me as the Lord."
Father, today I am thankful that:
81. I have a nine year old boy who loves to do chores!
82. I have an eight year old daughter to teach the art of bread making to! (I loved to make bread!)
83. there is the sound of brothers rehearsing flashcards together floating down the hallway to me. Sweet fellowship.
84. Elijah is almost done his math for the year, and already done his English! (He likes that part of homeschooling!)
85. I have a home to care for today, and people in it (who love me) to serve. Behold the handmaid of the Lord, let it be unto me as you have said.
86. it's almost time to plant the garden (the early items) here in Southern Alberta. I love gardening with the kids. They are loving it too.
87. we are 1/3 done spring cleaning! It will look awesome here in a few days, and be such a more organized work space.
Jed is at least 1/2 done cleaning his shop, and is getting ready for another season's planting. We are looking to the Lord for a great year!
88. there was such a delighted look on Jed's face when he saw how Joshua and I had transformed the master bedroom. (Joshua and I have carried armloads of garbage and decluttered junk out to the garbage bin since Monday. It feels very freeing.)
89. family life is so peaceful here now. God is so good.