Friday, April 25, 2008

Corraling My Day.

Even today as a well, healthy woman, I still have mornings that I need to corral my day. There are still some mornings that I didn't get up as early as I should have, didn't read my bible as much as I should have, didn't get as much sleep as I needed.

There are still mornings that I need to choose to be thankful, choose to remember that the devil is a liar, and I am listening to the voice of the Shepherd.

The uninterrupted fleshly trend of my life would be the negative. My very first baby picture is of a frown on my face. I don't like this about myself, but then I remember that I am not that woman anymore. I have put her off, and have clothed myself with the Lord, Jesus Christ. "Just keep practicing joy, Liberty. You'll get there in time."

So I corral my day, my fleshly negative, pessimistic attitude, and say:

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and give thanks in it!
I will stay home today, and spring clean again today, and I will do the laundry, because he who loves his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for My sake will find it!
Today I will be grateful and acknnowledge that I am blessed to have a house to clean, and food to cook!
Today I will remember that I am more than a conqueror, no matter how far I have strayed from my schedule! It is not my experience that tells me if God's word is working, it is my faith.

Today is going to be a beautiful day, because He hasn't left me. Today, is His day.

Isaiah 61:1-7 The Message
The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners.
God sent me to announce the year of his grace— a celebration of God's destruction of our enemies— and to comfort all who mourn,
To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion, give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom, a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness" planted by God to display his glory.
They'll rebuild the old ruins, raise a new city out of the wreckage.They'll start over on the ruined cities, take the rubble left behind and make it new.
You'll hire outsiders to herd your flocks and foreigners to work your fields,
But you'll have the title "Priests of God," honored as ministers of our God.
You'll feast on the bounty of nations, you'll bask in their glory.
Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt,
Your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever.
Isaiah 63:7-9 (The Message)
I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings, all the things God has done that need praising,
All the generous bounties of God, his great goodness to the family of Israel—Compassion lavished, love extravagant.
He said, "Without question these are my people, children who would never betray me."So he became their Savior. In all their troubles, he was troubled, too.
He didn't send someone else to help them. He did it himself, in person.
Out of his own love and pity he redeemed them.
He rescued them and carried them along for a long, long time.


Once again, Today is His day. It is a very good day.

Liberty.

No comments: