Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Seizing The Day You Get


I am thankful that I don't have pain right now.

I am thankful that it is a beautiful sunny day so that my children can play outside in peace, and enjoy the creation of God, and be blessed with His presence in so doing.

I am grateful for a husband who didn't condemn, get frustrated, or point things out, but merely kissed me and sent me back to bed.

I learn so much of God from my gracious forgiving husband.

I am thankful for my garden, a reason to go outside. Thankful for sun on my head, meadowlark on the fencepost, dirt on my knees.

On my knees.

I am thankful that I have strength to work in my garden in the first place, to care for my children, and that all in all, I have health. Health is mine, because I am His.

I do not have to do it on my own. I will quit trying.

I am thankful for encouragement at Holy Experience.

I am grateful that all that really matters today, is did I live it with Him. and I know I did: He never leaves me or forsakes me. I am grateful for His word, which is my living in relationship with Him. He never gives up.

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

Prairie Chick said...

Amen! Thank you for sharing and for the exhortation, this moved me!