Saturday, August 16, 2008

Seeing Him in Small Things


Bright sun sparkling bright off of water, reminding me that God is light, pure light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
A lawn chair in shade, and a chance to read Proverbs. Time to renew my mind.

Finding wild mint, fresh, and invigorating, reminding me that all of life is fragrant, and He means for us to drink it in.

A flat rock to sit on, and a tree to sit under. Everthing around me green- he makes this world a lush place, a garden for us to enjoy.

Children laughing, running, swimming with their dad and their dog. I'm so glad that their lives are care free.

Wild grain, heavy and drooping with seed, telling us that all of life is perpetual. More, and fruitful life, each year that passes.

He reminds me that unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains a single seed. But if it dies and is buried it will produce many seeds.

Am I willing today, to die to my Self, and see new life come from it? Do I trust Him that this is what He has done for me?

Thankyou Lord, for a day with no pain, and no disease. Thankyou for a day of doing things that I felt like I couldn't do. Thankyou for letting me hear your voice, when all the pressures around me were saying something else.

Most of all, thankyou that I am not alone, because You are with me. You are my Lord, Jesus.

No comments: