Monday, December 1, 2008

No Excuses Today


Again, I am writing this mostly to myself: Today you have no excuses.

(My flesh doesn't like it when I say that kind of thing.)

But I was reading Isaiah 40:27-31...


Isaiah 40:27-31 (English Standard Version)
27Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, and my right is disregarded by my God"?

28Have you not known? Have you not heard?The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

29He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

30Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;

31but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.


I used to go over scriptures like that a lot after I was first healed (and especially when I had a baby who was waking me up at night), but I think that over the last 11 years I got distracted. I thought I had it all together, and wasn't focusing on scriptures like that as much. But now I see that my neglect of them brings me back to them, desiring their truth with fresh urgency: I need Almighty God to give me power today! I need Jesus Christ to increase my strength! AND, it says He WILL. Therefore I have no excuse. Yes, I may feel like I "just can't do it", and there may even be legitimate reasons for believing that I can't, but the word of God is a higher truth, and the word says that if I will wait on (tend to, pay attention to, yield to, and serve) God, I will renew my strength and mount up! Have you ever seen an eagle or a hawk soaring in an updraft? Here in southern Alberta you can see that kind of thing a lot. God is saying that He will be the "wind beneath our wings". Not just a song, but true spiritual power, and when we truly rely on Him, we will find that we can do it after all: we will run and not give way to exaustion. We will walk on, without giving up.

Today, we can do what we've been given to do, no excuses!

No comments: