Saturday, February 7, 2009

We Can Choose to be Thankful


Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

Not every circumstance is His will, but it is always His will that we GIVE THANKS.

-Father, today I thank You for Joshua's new balance board (to help him with equilibrium and posture). Thankyou for children who are interested in exercising (Victoria is on my treadmill, Isaac is on the rebounder, and Joshua just finished 5 minutes on his new "toy".

-Thank You that we always reproduce ourselves. This is an awesome responsibility, but it also guarantees that I am raising children who will love God and His word. As parents, we reproduce ourselves.

-Father, thank You that I can be at home today. Thank You for my new books on healing- thank You for feeding my hope! You are able to do so much more than all I ask or imagine!

-Thank You for haircuts! Free ones too, since I can give all the boys a buzz cut. Victoria just needs a trim.

-Thank You for SUN this morning! Thank You that there are only 3 weeks left in February! Not that I don't appreciate February Lord, but I can already see myself preparing the soil in my garden and planting early crops! I so long to be outside in the fresh air, and to hear the meadowlark calling.

-What a gift- to be able to see. To imagine. To dream. To hope, and to visualize! Oh Father, give me a vision of myself Whole, as You see me!

-Father, today I thank You for Jed. A man faithful! A man who is patient. A man who is kind, and gentle. Slow to anger, and abounding in loving faithfulness. (I used to tease Jed, and say: I am Jed, I change not!) But praise God for a man who is trustworthy, a man who endeavors to live like God. : )

-Thank You Lord for Your Word, and for helping me to get up early these last days. You are truly faithful. Thank You Father, that You sent Your Word and healed me, and delivered me from my destructions.

-Thank You for NO WIND! (Anyone from Southern Alberta will know what I mean!)

-Thank You that each new day brings hope and promise, for Your mercies are new every morning- great is Your faithfulness! Sorrow and weeping may endure for a night, but JOY COMES in the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I stumbled across your blog while doing some research into homeschooling. I'm a mom of two young children, and although I'm a born again Christian, I've struggled with depression on and off for years. I haven't had any bad attacks for awhile, but I would so like to be rid of it for good and to renounce the negative, whiny attitude I have a lot of the time. I also struggle a lot with fatigue (even though the kids are finally starting to sleep through the night) and wonder if I could be addicted to sugar.