Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Changing Focus




Thankyou Lord for:

Bright sunshine in my room this morning- it makes it so much easier to get up early when the room is full of light. Thankyou that I woke up feeling good. Thankyou for a great sleep last night!

Thankyou for helping me to get my bible reading done this morning. You know how desperately I need to renew my mind, and that's where it starts. Lord, that's number one with you and me- I need to be in Your word, and thankyou for helping me!

Thankyou for beautiful weather, and that my garden is growing! Each day without wind has been such a gift, and this beautiful spring has brought such life to my soul!

Thankyou for Your grace and mercy, that nothing I can do is irreperable! Thankyou that I am changing, even if in small stages. I can't always see the changes, but the word says we see Jesus- Holy Spirit, help me to keep my focus on Him!!

Thankyou for giving me people to practice on- You said that God is Love. I wouldn't really know You if I wouldn't love. Thankyou for this pressure tank of parenting, that forces me to face my own inadequacies daily, hourly, minutely. Thank you that I can't escape, and that I don't want to!! I want to be here with You, and to walk this out. Lord, thankyou also for Your mercy for my children, being mothered by a woman in progress.

Thankyou for the pool that I had to go to Walmart to buy filters for, and the husband who I had to pick up a meal for at Burger Baron, thankyou for all the little Reasons that I had to be in town and running errands. You are a God of great blessing! Thankyou that I have my children with me, and even though I was not a stellar example today, thankyou for the things that I was able to offer them- a new Christian cd, 10 minutes of Creflo Dollar on the way to town, a prayer for guidance before we left. God, I don't want to fool myself into thinking that my sins don't matter, but I don't want to give them all the glory around here either! God you are Good, you are Real, you are Ever Patient and Forgiving. Let me see today that Your forgiveness is greater than my capacity to fail!

-Liberty

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Liberty - I found your blog today from the Holy Experience blog (about the gratitude community) and I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. I went back to the beginning of your blog and read your first 4 posts about your story and I praise God for what He has done for you! You have overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony. I have struggled with depression (also started after the birth of my first - and only - child), years and years of addiction and even anxiety. God healed me of addiction close to 2 years ago and my life has not been the same since. I could identify with many things in your story. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your blog and all the encouragement you have given me today. Blessings, Virginia

Liberty said...

Thankyou Virginia! I would so love to hear about how the Lord healed you of addiction. Feel free to leave an extended comment, if you like. : )

Kaye said...

Oh My Gosh! What an AWESOME testimony from this mother! Her thankfulness for soooo many "little things" and for the grace that God gives us to live out each and every day! I needed to go on line to study about depression... I found her words! I am encouraged! I WILL come thru this depression and will help oyhers to kick the devil's evil work that he has done! My 36 year marriage will NOT be destroyed! My husband DOES love me and I will study what God's Word says about it and I will learn to eat right, detoxify and RESIST: fear, worry, hopelessness,generational curses, an evil generation and/or ANYTHING ELSE that I have not named(known or unknown) that would try to hinder my walk/witness with/for God/God's people that may/may not need/desire words of encouragement!!! Amen! Jesus is coming soon and I resist this Depression over me/my husband/our children/our grandchildren IN JESUS' NAME!!!!!!!

Liberty said...

I'm glad you were encouraged Kaye! Isn't it just how He works, that in the area the enemy would have most liked to keep us bound in, the Lord sends His word and brings our freedom- but He doesn't stop there- He uses us to spread that freedom to others. To Jesus be all the glory.