Monday, May 24, 2010

Some Kenneth Hagin Quotes to Encourage You


Yesterday ended rough... I felt tired, I felt hypoclycemic, I was feeling pain, etc. So I decided to cope with this by overeating, which really didn't make me feel as good as I thought it would. : )

This morning I made a better choice of coping mechanism, which was to pray some scriptures, and to read a few chapters in Kenneth Hagin's "What to do When Faith Seems Weak and Victory Lost."

Here are some quotes that were especially meaningful for me:


1. "Of course, the devil will suggest things to your head- but you are not to walk by your head. You walk by your heart. Thoughts may come, and they may persist in staying. But thoughts that are not put into word or action die unborn. You need to know that. Because the devil, endeavoring to defeat you, will put thoughts into your mind. Then he will tell you, 'If you were saved, you would never have thought such a thing as that.' So, let me say it again: Thoughts may come. Thoughts may persist in staying. But thoughts that are not put into words or actions die unborn."


2. "Suppose, for instance, a man climbs up on the house, then falls off and breaks his leg. God put into motion the law of gravity. But the man could not say, 'God broke my leg,' or, 'God pushed me off the roof,' or even, 'God did it.' No. God put into motion the law of gravity; the man violated it, and reaped the results. It is true that God is the author of gravit. But He did not intend for the man to fall and break his leg. He did not intend for him to fall. The man fell off accidentally, or because he was careless."


These ideas led me to thinking that: God cannot be blamed for all that is going on in my life right now. Realistically, it is rediculous for me to blame Him for any of it, since God is Light- PURE light. There is not a trace of darkness in Him! So what I can see now, is that there are areas that I have missed it- I have violated His laws, either wittingly or unwittingly. Secondly, that there are places that satan's thoughts have come against me, and I didn't resist them (didn't recognize them as not my own and as being total lies against God's precious promises), and then I reaped a bad result.

So today, as I endeavor to clean up my diet, I also want to work to clean up my mind. I need to clean up my heart of sin (the ones I knew about, and the ones I pretended not to) and I need to clean up my mental diet!

Praise the Lord!


No comments: